• Co-ordinate and implement tourism policies, programmes and protocols with regard to all regional economic communities or blocs such as a Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), Regional Tourism Organisation of Southern Africa (RETOSA), Common Market for East and Southern Africa (COMESA), East African Community (EAC) and African Union Commission (AU);
• Co-ordinate and implement tourism policies, programmes and protocols with regard to the UNWTO, WTTC and environmental organisations and other relevant international bodies;
• Coordinate Joint commissions on bilateral and multilateral matters pertaining to tourism and develop agreements, protocols and MoUs on tourism cooperation;
• Implement policies to facilitate growth of regional and international tourist arrivals;
• Facilitate and coordinate Ministry’s participation in tourism integration programmes in the region such as Trans frontier Conservation Areas (TFCAs) and Trade In Services (TIS) under SADC and COMESA;
• Supervise, coordinate and liaise with regional and overseas tourism offices, and embassies with regard to tourism development issues.